Company and Position background
Ace Pharmaceuticals (Ace) is a leading independent Dutch pharmaceutical production company. Ace is now embarking on a new, exciting journey to further enhance its leading market position through organic growth and M&A. Critical to this growth, is the acceleration of Ace’s international expansion, through selected licensing and acquisition activities. In order to achieve this international growth, the need now exists within Ace Pharmaceuticals to appoint a newly created role for a Senior Business Development Manager (with the possibility for the role to evolve into Head of Business Development position).
The Senior Business Development Manager will be responsible for defining and executing the portfolio development strategy, licensing and out-licensing deals and alliance management with key business development partners. The successful candidate will an exceptional track record in executing licensing deals obtained in the European region and a strong network of contacts.
- Lead business development activities for in and out licensing of niche generics / value added / branded generic / off patent drug products.
- Develop and lead mid and long-term pipeline strategy in accordance with company’s growth plans across the International Area.
- Full accountability for closing licensing deals.
- Support M&A (products and companies) activities as required.
- Manage and support relationships with external licensing pharmaceutical partners.
- Work closely with internal and external partners to facilitate collaboration in order to achieve partnership objectives.
- Coordinate with internal business partners (e.g. Commercial, Regulatory, R&D, Medical, QA, Legal etc) to facilitate ongoing and proactive relationship management with external partners to ensure strong alignment in support of key activities.
- Be part of the international sales and market access team of Ace and reporting to our Global head of sales and market access.
- In the possession of a completed Bachelor or Master degree preferably in the field of pharmaceuticals and/or business administration.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in pharmaceuticals; and a minimum of 5 years in Business Development / Alliance Management.
- Work experience in Business Development for off patent / branded generic products.
- Experience in the Europe region highly desirable.
- Demonstrated agility in dynamic, highly-matrixed environments.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to lead, engage, negotiate, build trust, resolve conflict, influence, and drive effective decision-making.
- Ability to effectively navigate across different company cultures and operating environments.
- Proficient use of IT / project management tools (PowerPoint, Excel, MS Project, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to work proactively, both independently and collaboratively in a dynamic team environment.
- Demonstrated competence in oral and written communication; must be fluent in English (written and spoken) and at least one other European language.
- Please note there is no visa sponsor or relocation program available. You must be already authorized to live and work in Europe.
What we offer
- An excellent salary package with also excellent secondary benefits.
- Become part of a fast growing pharmaceutical company and work in a position with lots of autonomy and future career opportunities for instance Head of business development.
- A lot of extra’s like a personal and professional development budget. Although your office is home based you are always welcome to visit our offices in the Netherlands, Germany and Belgium. We have an inhouse gym, company excursions and monthly drinks, all completely voluntary based.
- At Ace working means working in an environment where respect, diversity, inclusion and work-life balance are key.
Please apply with your most recent resume and our inhouse Ace recruiter Saskia Richmond will contact you as quickly as possible.
Questions? Please give Saskia a call +31 6 20 58 50 29.